Harold Holdcroft was born in
1904, was appointed a lecturer at Burslem School of Art at the age of 18, and
was working at JS&S by 1928. There is a picture of his lustre and mottled pink
stuff in the Pottery Gazette dated 2 April 1928. He left JS&S in 1934 to go to
T C Wild, eventually producing the Old Country Roses design.
He also designed some Hotel ware for L.M.S.